10 Website Design Tips For Small and Medium Sized Businesses
Having a website is an important prerequisite for your business if you intend to flourish in today’s digital world. However, it is not enough to just have a website, it has to be well designed, and have features that will help you attract and keep customers. In case you’re wondering how to go about creating the best website, we’ve got you! In this article, we share ten tips that will help you improve your website and achieve your business goals.
- Get a good domain name– Make sure your domain accurately reflects the name of your business and is easy to remember. In fact, while trying to bring your business idea to life, one of the first things you should do is ensure that the domain name for the business name that you’ve chosen is available. Having a good domain name helps customers to find and remember your website easily.
- Search Engine Optimisation- When customers are looking for your business, they are more likely going to type a query into a search engine such as Google, if your site isn’t properly indexed, it means you won’t be found. Search engines look for certain elements in a website. These include clear site structure. Sitemaps, relevant keywords, and meaningful URLs. You should try as much as possible to incorporate basic Search Engine Optimisation. You can check out SEO best practices, and Google Webmaster Guidelines for more information.
- Keep it simple – Your website design should be simple, clutter free and captivating. Too many colors, fonts or lots of information can be overwhelming. A simple design tells viewers that you’re professional, and encourages them to take the actions you want them to take.
- Ensure your site is mobile friendly– A large number of your visitors will come from smartphone users. Your site should be responsive and mobile friendly. Make sure that your website provides great user experience to all visitors across all devices.
- Keep contact details visible – People who come to your site, are definitely looking for information, and sometimes they might need to contact you. Your phone number and email address should be displayed prominently on your website. Create a separate ‘CONTACT’ page that contains information such as your phone number, email address, physical address and a contact form. This way, it’s easy for potential customers to reach you when they need to.
- Branding – Remember that your website is part of your branding. Make sure the visual layout of your website is consistent with your brand. Use colours that feature in your logo, pick one or two fonts to use, and make sure they are used harmoniously throughout the website. Your graphics and images should be cohesive as well. It is best to hire a professional website design company, such as Atlas Creative Consultancy, to achieve best results. We’d love to hear from you.
- Easy navigation- Make sure your website is easy to navigate, and you categorise information properly, so users can easily find what they’re looking for.
- Call to action– Users need to be told what to do. For instance, if you want them to leave their email address, you need to tell them exactly that. Create direct calls to action that will help users carry out the actions you want them to.
- Quick load time– Make sure your site loads fast. Users get impatient, and will typically quit slow websites. Ensure that your website is supported by a good host and has the right server infrastructure and bandwidth to support it.
- Content– It’s not enough to have a beautiful website, you need to put valuable information on it. Create content that your audience will find useful and you’d definitely attract them, and in turn, achieve your business goals.