The internet has changed the world and transformed the way a lot of things are done. As a business owner and entrepreneur, you are constantly seeking ways to improve your business and serve your customers all while cutting costs and maximizing your profit. If your business is a traditional business i.e not selling on the internet yet, you’re missing out on a lot of things. A lot is being said about doing business on the internet. To a lot of people, it just sounds like more than they can handle, or looks too complicated. However, there are many good reasons and benefits to begin selling and running your business online. Here are the top 6 reasons.
- You get to create a great image for your business- For every business, branding is key. Taking your business online gives you the power to control how your business is viewed by your audience. It’s important for you to consider that these days, most people go online to search for the things they need. The internet provides a chance for you to show how great your business is and the level of professionalism that you offer. Your visitors get to see your past work, the products you offer, learn more about you, and even see great reviews from past customers. Without a website, blog or online presence, prospective clients will wonder how serious you are about your business, and will usually patronize businesses with a well-established presence online.
- 24/7 availability- Very few businesses can afford to run for all hours of the day. Running an online business affords you the opportunity to always be online. You may not be able to keep your shop open all day, or be in the office all day, but people can open your website and make orders even when you are not there. Imagine what being open 3-4 times longer could do for your business.
- Lower startup cost – Every business aims to spend as little money as possible to make more money. Getting your business online is definitely cheaper than renting a space, hiring staff and buying a business vehicle. Atlas offers affordable packages for every kind of business and gives you the opportunity to reach more customers in more places, at a significantly lesser cost.
- It’s great for customer support- Having a website means that you can compile the general questions people frequently ask you about your business or products and turn it into a FAQ page. You can also make guides to help your customers get the best out of the products or services you offer. This helps to save time, and your customers will appreciate the effort. Being present online and building a relationship with your customers means that you keep your customers happy and satisfied.
- You get more referrals- The great thing about the internet is that people share links to the things that they like. This is a great referral system and gives you the opportunity to reach more customers. It’s also much more efficient than word of mouth because it has the potential to reach thousands of people at once.
- You can target more people- People don’t need to come to your physical store to buy your product or access your services, therefore you can cater to customers in different parts of the world. With an online business, your store is available for anyone who is willing to purchase your products. Just imagine what this could mean for your company in terms of sales and profits.
You might find yourself asking, ‘Okay this is great, but how can I get my business online and reap all these numerous benefits?’ Not to worry, we’ve got you! Here’s a simple checklist of things that you need to do to get your business online:
- Do your market research- Find out who your customers are, what they like, the kind of content they engage with, similar businesses they patronize and what those businesses are doing. This will help you target them properly.
- Create a website- Your business needs a functional website that showcases your products and services, and is easy for your customers to use.
- Create social media accounts- Create accounts on social media sites and post the kind of content that your target audience will engage with properly. It;s a great way to keep connecting with existing customers, and find new ones
- Be consistent- You need to work hard to get your business noticed online. Be consistent with the content you post, and engage with people constantly.
Remember, that as a business owner, your goal is to gain new customers, and keep your existing customers satisfied. If you need help with getting your business online, get in touch with us! Atlas has the skills to take your business to new heights and help you dominate your market online. Check us out today for all your branding needs and more. We’re all always willing to help.