8 Tips That Will Help You Choose The Perfect Name For Your Business
One of the most important things you’d need to do as an entrepreneur is finding the perfect busines name. Your business name can make or break your business. The right name can set you apart from competitors, attract customers and make your branding excellent. Ideally, your business name should capture the essence of your business and convey the uniqueness of your product or your service. For some people, choosing a business name is the first thing that they do because they just find one that clicks. For others, picking a business name is a struggle. It’s important to remember that your business name will be with you for a long time, and you need to choose carefully because it has a great impact on your business success. Carefully consider the name you’re choosing before creating a website, social media accounts and promoting your business. Here are 8 tips to help you choose the right business name.
- Choose something memorable– Your business name needs to resonate with customers, so they remember to associate you with the product or service that you offer. The name you choose should be as basic and easy to understand as possible. A few important things to consider are spelling, length, and pronunciation. Your customers wrongly pronouncing your name spells disaster. If you name is hard to spell, potential customers will have difficulty typing your name into search engines or looking for you and are likely to give up when they don’t find you. If your name is too long, it’ll be difficult for customers to remember it correctly. Also, customers tend to shorten business names that are too long. If you decide to go with a long name, make sure you decide how you want it to be shortened. Your name needs to be something that your target audience can relate to easily. This will make it easy for them to remember you and tell other people about you as well.
- Choose a name that identifies with your business- You should pick a name that instantly makes it clear what your business is about. Your business name should give your target audience a hint about what your business does. For example, if you sell cakes, and your name is Clara, Clara’s Cakes is a great business name that makes it instantly clear that you sell cakes. Using this strategy will make your business easier to find.
- Get expert help- If you find that you’re stumped, and can’t seem to come up with an appropriate name for your business, consider getting an expert to help you. Atlas Creative Consultancy can help you with creating your entire brand identity from scratch, and we’re excited to work with you and craft a brand identity that completely reflects your business. Please contact us!
- Avoid names that limit you– As much as you want your name to perfectly portray your business, try to avoid names that are too narrow in scope, because there’s always the possibility of future expansion. Avoid names like Veggieslagos because it’s not wise to limit your business to a particular product or specific city.
- Conduct a thorough internet search– When you get the lightbulb moment and find that name that’s absolutely perfect for your business, take a moment to pause and do a thorough internet search. Chances are, someone has already thought of that name before you. To avoid a lawsuit or even potential confusion, make sure that nobody is using the exact same name that you’ve chosen.
- Check if the domain name is available- It is important that your domain matches your business name exactly. Your business website is very important. Secure the domain name you want, as fast as possible. Make sure you create social media accounts with your desired business name on popular social media sites as well.
- Make sure the name sounds good when said aloud– Some names look good on paper, but they don’t sound so good when spoken aloud. You want a name that’s catchy, easy to pronounce and nice to hear.
- Use brainstorming tools– The internet is still the best invention ever. There are a number of sites that can help you brainstorm and find the perfect name. Some of them are:
Whatever name you choose, make sure it’s something you’re happy with. Remember that you’d have to live with this name forever, and rebrands aren’t always rosy. Take all the time you need to pick a name that’s perfect for you and your prospective customers.